Designing a CCTV system
System design may sound difficult, but what is important is “The aim of the system,” that
is, ”What a building owner requires of the system.” Making this aim concrete is the system
design. Dividing work into the following procedures will facilitate the system design.
1) Understand the intended aim of the system.
2) Study the installation locations of cameras and monitors.
3) Understand the environments where cameras and monitors will be installed.
4) Select cameras, lenses, and pan/tilt drives.
5) Select signal routing, monitors, and switchers.
6) Select recording methods.